Have you thought to yourself?
i'm Maxed out and overloaded with responsibilities. There's no time to take care of myself.
It feels like Death by a thousand paper cuts. It's the endless problems that wear me down.
I’m pulled in every direction and feel exhausted, bitter, and overwhelmed.
I'm Always on, always caring, always thinking, even at social events. Never Greg, always pastor Greg.
I’m alone facing the intense problems and tragedies in the congregation. Who do I talk to? Who can I trust?
This 4-module (18 lesson) online course includes lesson videos, homework for practical application, online workbook, a downloadable certificate of completion, 1-year online access to the course, live webinars hosted every 6 weeks.
This course is built around practical tools that you can begin to use immediately.
Module 1: A foundation of understanding
- Goal: Set the foundation and learn the differences between Compassion Fatigue, Vicarious Trauma and Burnout.
- Workbook (downloadable or fillable online)
- One-year access to live webinars every 6 weeks.
Module 2: Cost of Caring
- Identifying the signs, symptoms, triggers and warning signs.
- Digital self-scoring ProQOL (Professional Quality of Life) Assessment
- Identifying triggers and warning signs
- Green, yellow & red scale
Module 3: Taking Stock
- Taking stock of your current circumstances
- Activities chart
- Self-guided reflection questions
- Contacts template for supportive relationships
- Identifying strengths exercise
Module 4: Overcoming Compassion Fatigue & Vicarious Trauma
- Build a tool box of practical strategies that are proactive measures against Compassion fatigue and Vicarious trauma
- Creating intentional and manageable fitness plan
- Practical in the moment refocusing techniques
- Cheat sheet and basic meditation walk-through
- Link to Christian self-guided meditation app
- Professional development resource list
- Sleep Debt Links and references to self-discovery quizzes and assessments
- Chart identifying strong and weak boundaries
- Low Impact Debriefing model
“Great pace! The sessions flew by. Laura has created interactive sessions that incorporate practical resources and conversation starters.”
“It was great to see relevant examples from the Bible of key people who fell easily (or were on the path to fall) into the trap of a cycle that would lead to burnout and anxiety.”
“The concepts Laura explained were well articulated, practical and gave me practical ways to apply the word of God.”
Frequently Asked Questions:
I’m just a volunteer. Is this course for me?
Often times as a volunteer you are on the frontlines of ministry. The go-to for individuals who are struggling. If you find yourself exhausted from serving others and struggle with letting go of people’s stories, and tragedies then you may find that this course provides you the validation, freedom and tools to are needing to continue in serving.
How Much time do I need to commit?
Each lesson consists of a short (4-10min) video and homework outlined in the workbook. The length of the homework varies, but has been designed to fit into your already busy schedule. I would plan on 8-10 weeks to complete the course.
What Prior knowledge do I need to have?
No prior knowledge is necessary. However, the course is based online so basic computer skills are required. I have made the program to be as simple as possible, so anyone who is able to check their email would have all the computer skill necessary.