LEARN STRATEGIES AND RESOURCES THAT WILL EQUIP YOUR TEAM TO CARE FOR YOUR COMMUNITY
Recent Podcast Episodes
81. A theology of mental health with Rev. Will Van Der hart (Summit replay)
The show today is a flashback to one of the top-viewed sessions in our 2021 Church Mental health summit with Rev. Will Van Der Hart. In this session, Will offers a deeper dive into theology and mental health.
80. Overcome challenges as a female leader in ministry with Melissa Mashburn
Melissa Mashburn is a testament to all the highs and lows of female leadership and she shared with us in this episode how she was able to overcome each challenge she faced enabling her to write out a guide for other female leaders in her book “ Ministry Chick: Find Your Community, Own Your Leadership, Take Your Step!”
79. 3 tools for ministry leaders to avoid burnout.
Ministry leaders often face unique challenges and stressors that can affect their mental and emotional well-being. In this episode, I share 3 tools for ministry leaders to avoid burnout and find support.
78. How can we demystify Addictions for the church with Project Exodus.
In this episode, Ichat with Conrad Conner of Project Exodus on How can we demystify Addictions for the church.
77. How to offer care strategically at your church
In this episode, I want to introduce a Model of care that offers a strategic approach to care ministry. The goal is to see Care Ministry as an essential part of the local church, and that it’s approached with intentionality and strategy.
76. How Your Church Can Support Those With Eating Disorders with Rock Recovery
In Episode 76, We talk with Christie Dondero Bettwy, CEO of Rock Recovery about what the Bible says about body image, disordered eating disorders, and How Your Church Can Support Those With Eating Disorders.
75. Cognitive Behaviour therapy a therapeutic model or biblical principle?
In Episode 75, I highlight how Cognitive Behavioral Therapy can be of use to ministry leaders and their communities in incidences where they may be hesitant to seek therapy
74. The church’s role in bringing change to racial justice and reconciliation
On today’s episode, we’re celebrating Black History Month by listening to Chuck Mingo, Founder of LivingUNDIVIDED. Join us as we expand our understanding and our ability to practically care for our communities well.
73. Are you craving less burnout and more capacity?
If you’re craving less burnout and more capacity in your care ministry, listen to today’s podcast episode where we provide a FREE exercise to level up your efficiency, sustainability, and leadership health!
72. Multi Campus Care Ministry with Liz Addington of Elevation church
On the show today we are talking about multi-campus care ministry and I’m honored to have Liz Addington from Elevation Church
HEY THERE, I’M LAURA
I’m a mental health clinician and community development strategist for churches that want to care for their communities without burning out.
Supporting local church leaders to overcome and prevent burnout, create effective and sustainable care ministries and be a beacon of hope for their community is what I love to do!
I believe that when church leaders are healthy and when congregations are healed and transformed, they are more able to fulfill the gospel mission.