IMAGINE WHAT IT WOULD BE LIKE IF YOUR:
- Congregation was flourishing
- Staff were thriving
- Community members were running to your church as a place of hope
Are you up at night thinking of the needs of your people?
Are your staff on the brink of burnout, unable to keep up with the demand?
Is your community in crisis desperate for hope and belonging?
I’m Laura Howe,
I’m a mental health clinician and community development strategist for churches that want to care for their communities without burning out.
Supporting local church leaders to overcome and prevent burnout, create effective and sustainable care ministries and be a beacon of hope for their community is what I love to do!
I believe that when church leaders are healthy and when congregations are healed and transformed, they are more able to fulfill the gospel mission.
My approach is ideal for leaders who:
- are frustrated with the relentless demand from people, yet lay awake at night with concern for their people’s needs.
- Dream of being a place of hope for those who are suffering in their community, but don’t know where to start.
- See their team unraveling and facing burnout at rates never imagined, and are motivated to be an active part in creating sustainable transformational for their team.
I would be honored to jump on a call with you to talk more about the Caring Church Review and how developing your church’s care ministry and preventing burnout in your teams can grow your church and expand your community influence.
The church is often considered the number one mental health resource for its congregants, but…
- 3 in 10 pastors (31%) say they are currently struggling the most with their emotional well-being.
- A majority of pastors (68%) say they have felt overwhelmed regularly in the last four weeks.
- 19% (47.1 million) of people in the U.S. are living with a mental health condition nationwide, a 1.5 million increase over last year’s report
- 2021 State of Mental Health in America report confirms the trend that mental health in the U.S. continues to get worse and many states are ill-prepared to handle this crisis and policymakers at every level of government need to act immediately.
Your church will flourish when your staff are healthy and your members are thriving, but how do you get there?
Let me introduce you to the Caring Church Review
The Caring Church Review is a 3 point approach to assessing the strengths and needs of your staff, congregants, and community.
You receive a comprehensive view of how your church provides care, your members’ and staff’s wellbeing, and your community’s needs and services through a personalized plan and a dashboard view of how your church can take steps to flourish and grow.
The Caring Church Review will allow you to:
- Strengthen your team and prevent burnout and compassion fatigue
- Grow a thriving church that is eager to tell others of their transformation
- Meet your congregants’ needs without wearing your team out
- Develop community partnerships that establish your church as a community leaders
Jenn Belleth, Ministry Director – K2K Productions
After working with Laura we feel confident in our ability to serve the needs of the families in our ministry and have the tools to avoid the burnout that was creeping in. This training was full of practical skills and strategies that we can put into action right away. LOVED the engaging and relaxed approach!
With the Caring Church Review you will walk away with:
- A dashboard view of how your staff and congregants are flourishing in their faith, relationships, health, vocation, and finances.
- Custom playbook of your church’s next steps in building a sustainable care ministry that meets the needs of your people without burning out your staff
- A strategy of potential next steps based on your results in a post-review cal to ensures your church’s unique expression is reflected.
Plus you’ll receive:
- Insights about your team’ levels of stress, burnout and compassion fatigue
- An understanding of your community demographics, needs and customized resource package (including a spreadsheet of available services with contact information in your region)
- Clarity about the hidden strengths within your leadership team.
All of this information would take you 100s of hours to collect and thousands of dollars to create a report. Book a free call with Laura to discuss the next steps as pricing is dependant on church size.
Your community is looking for a place to find hope and belonging, but their needs are complex.
Is your church ready to serve them?
Connect with Hope Made Strong and allow us to review the needs and strengths of your staff, congregation and community so that you can build a thriving and growing church.
Kevin Hamp, MA, RP, OAMHP
Staff Care Advisor for Youth for Christ Canada
Those in professional helping roles, like ministry experience the cumulative impact of caregiving on their whole being, which can make it increasingly difficult to relate to God, neighbour and self in healthy ways. Hope Made Strong’s offers effective and robust resources that assists those seeking to rediscover the fullness of life Jesus created them for.
I recommend this program with enthusiasm.
Whether your leadership is struggling with burnout or you are looking for preventative training Laura brings a clear message of hope. Her presentation leads participants to strengthen their awareness of how their staff, congregation and community have been impacted by the challenges of 2020 and offers actional takeaways and strategies to overcome.
David C. Wang
Licensed Psychologist, Associate Professor, Pastor of Spiritual Formation
Hope Made Strong is an excellent resource for pastors and other helping professionals. Speaking as a trauma psychologist, I can attest to the soundness of the content. Speaking as a pastor, I deeply appreciated how Laura readily integrates Scripture and faith throughout the conversation. I believe anyone who is experiencing burnout would benefit greatly by utilizing these tools, along with Laura’s accompaniment and guidance.